October 13, 2010

My Fav Designer of the Month: " Me&D"

Yoga Fleece / Sweater



Why I love it:      Simplicity – They take comfort fabrics, and turn them into great silhouettes. I wear their garments to yoga and out for drinks. When I travel I always have a Me&D  Hoodie with me. They also have great leather bags and accessories.
Their Story:          Me&D is a mother daughter design team.Alexa (Daughter) and Darcy (Mom) both had a passion for fashion and launched their line in 2007. “Most of their items include a “raw” or simply done design and quite often showcase individual characteristics that may show up in the leather hides that are used for their handbags. Highlighting so called “flaws” are considered unique and beautiful in their eyes.” as told by Debbie Rodriguez. Alexa has been battling non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma for over ten years and has been a make a wish ambassador representing the amazing foundation.
How I discovered them:                My mother -  I saw my mom wearing an amazing Tunic wrap sweater and had to have one. My mom told me their story and it urged me to dig deeper and find out more about the dynamic designers.
My must have item:  Yoga Fleece / Sweater
Where to find:  Etsy.com
Uptown Girl
4364 Town Center Blvd
El Dorado Hills, 95762

Camelia
301 N Highway 101
Solana Beach, CA 92075

Kyss
2641 Gateway Rd #101
Carlsbad CA 92009


The Trench